In the vast and constantly evolving world of Digital Marketing, there are countless elements that determine the fate of your brand. These numerous factors influence your online reputation through various internet-based platforms. The strategies and techniques are filtered depending upon the channel being used to communicate with the targeted audience, but one thing remains constant; the urge to create unique, attention grabbing and quality-based content. Mastering the art of writing powerful, relevant content to optimize one’s brand presence is also known as ‘Copywriting’. After reading this blog, you will have a complete command over not only the concept of Copywriting, but also the skill of writing appealing content.
What is ‘Copywriting’?
Copywriting simply means the art of manipulating words and rearranging them to sell products, services or offers. It is actually salesmanship in text. The rise of technology has led in advancement of many fields and professions, including the respective category of marketing and its online uses.
The aim of Copywriting is to encourage a potential customer or one’s targeted audience to buy a Product / take a favorable action. Consider it to be an extremely vital fragment of your advertising or promotional structures.
Why is Copywriting Important?
Here are a few reasons explaining the importance of Copywriting:
- Copywriters are one of the most highly paid professionals in the world
- It is responsible for bringing profits to a company
- It allows the audience to understand the niche and the relevant industry in a thorough, insightful manner
- Copywriting plays a huge role in establishing a brand’s image and persona on major online platforms
- It helps in setting the tone of the content depending upon the type of page it will be seen upon
- Adding value to your visual, graphical and other digital elements is the basic role of Copywriting
- Copywriting can develop a communication link between the company and the audience
- It breathes life into the material you are sharing with the world
- Hugely responsible for maintaining your brand’s reputation both offline and online
What is the “AIDA” Formula and how to use AIDA?
There are several methods and approaches to produce a compelling company. One of the most popular and effective formulas of copywriting include the AIDA formula.
AIDA stands for “Attention, Interest, Desire and Attention”. This formula, while being easy to use, is also extremely useful when it comes to creating blogs, articles, sales pages and scripts, promotional content, online advertisements and social media posts. It acts as a journey for your customer from the first moment they come across your content to getting them hooked and eventually coercing them to take a desired action.
The first and foremost step is grabbing your audience’s attention. Stand out from the rest of your competitors by presenting your offers differently and with the help of catchy taglines. This step is all about familiarizing yourself with the problems and pain points of your customer to develop a buyer persona. By keeping these points in mind, you will be able to formulate your marketing messages in a much better way.
Catching your audience’s attention is one thing but being able to hold it is entirely different. The second step of this formula requires you to provide them with a reason. By phrasing their problems to be something that is impacting their lives in a negative manner, you encourage them to get rid of the said issue and present them with a solution in the form of your product.
This is the stage where you offer a possible solution to your prospects in the form of your services. Demonstrate the uses and benefits of your products and how it can change their lives. A very effective method of doing so is including the ‘before’ and ‘after’ categories. ‘Desire’ and ‘interest’ are two separate thing
The final step is to create an irresistible desire in your audience to take immediate action in favor of your product. This sense of urgency can be created with the help of bonuses, limited time offers, sales and other similar tactics to make your audience feel like they are running out of time and should avail the opportunity to buy your services quickly. In order to do this
Tips for Creating Attractive Headlines:
A headline is the most important part of any form of content that you develop or publish as it is the first thing that you can use to grab the attention of your audience, here are some quick and effective tips for writing useful and persuasive headlines:
- Use numbers and figures at the very start of your headline: Statistics, numbers and figures are more useful than you think. More examples include sentences such as: ‘30 most popular classified listing sites’, ’10 mistakes advertising agencies make’ and so on.
- Use ‘How to’ Headlines to convince your audience: Putting ‘how to’ in the beginning of your headlines instantly sparks the reader’s curiosity regardless of what follows after it. You can use educational content and tutorials for such headlines such as: ‘How to Use Google Analytics’ or ‘How to set up a Facebook account’ etc.
- Flag Common Mistakes: This is one of the most effective headline techniques as it makes the reader anxious to know if they have made any such mistakes and also provides them with the solution of the respective problem, such as: ’Are you making any of these common Email Marketing Mistakes’, ’12 Most common YouTube Mistakes people make’ etc.
- Asking Questions: Using questions in your headlines indirectly encourages them to read your material, such as: ‘Think you know SMM, take this quiz and find out now’, ‘Do you want to learn SEO, read this helpful guide’ etc.
- Use Punctuation: This technique can be extremely useful when it comes to SEO. Put your main keyword before a colon or a hyphen and combine it with your benefit headline. For example: ‘Market Research Analysis: Get your free market research analysis today!’
- Be Extremely Specific: Set the expectation for the rest of your article with a direct and bold headline. For example: ‘How to Use Twitter for Online Marketing’
- Using 5W’s: This tactic is mostly seen in the field of newspapers and other areas concerning journalism. The Five W’s include:
For example: ‘Focus on these 7 SEO tips, when you want to improve your ranking’
- Focus on the Length of your Headline: Use an appropriate length when phrasing your headlines. The first 50-60 characters of your title are displayed by Google amongst the search results
- Use an Image: In order to make the headline visually appealing, we can add a relevant image from free stock photo sites such
- Take Inspiration: Observing the headlines of other brands or businesses from your niche will help you come up with your own. Analyze the components their headlines possess and use them for yourself.
- Practice as much as you can: Use this site link https://nealrs.github.io/25headlines/ to write a bunch of headlines for your own. The site also has some other useful tools to help you build your content.
Convert your Features into Benefits
With each feature of your product, you should place a benefit that the user might be getting. The feature tells the audience what your product is capable of and the benefit tells them what the audience can do with your product.
How to create an irresistible Call-to-Action
A call-to-action page establishes the connection between the company and the audience. In order to make the most out of this button:
- Add it on every page to persuade the reader
- Decide exactly what you want your Call-to-Action button to be about
- Include Verbs in the beginning: ‘Start, Try, Contact’ etc. as they allow the reader to subtly commit to your product
- Create a sense of Urgency by including limited time offers
- By using bright contrast of colors, attract the audience’s attention towards the CTA button
- Make your offer seem risk-free: You can include a trial with a money-back guarantee in case of ineffectiveness, remove the presence of any binding conditions to make the offer more appealing
Habits that will make you a Copywriting Expert
Here are some basic habits you can adopt to polish your copywriting skill:
- Get inspired by reading persuasive advertisements or the content that you personally prefer to be an effective approach
- Writing in a flow is not important. Copywriters are not immune to the idea of ‘Writer’s Block’, so let whatever comes in your mind spill on paper.
- Read as much creatively enriched material as you can
- Practice your skills by writing engaging headlines, kickers or taglines
Do not aim for a perfectly shaped copy in the first try. Take your time to phrase the messages you intend to convey to the audience