As we all know, after Google, YouTube is considered as the second largest search engine in the universe. When you search for some video content, 8 out of 10 videos are of YouTube in search results, and this platform is not stopping anywhere, it is continuously evolving, with a total uploaded video content limit of 500 hours per minute. So, it is always better to Leverage YouTube for better Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Now it is up to you that how do you manage your time in the pond of thousands of videos? You can manage your time by producing and uploading great videos. After that, you can optimize these videos by exercising the best YouTube SEO practices for search. Below are some tips that can help you to take the best advantage of YouTube for SEO.
Almost all of us know about the basics of YouTube videos, for example,
- Including keywords in the title
- Including keywords in the description
- Including keywords in tags
But we all know that these search engines do not crawl image and audio, but it only crawls texts. Keeping that in mind, it is recommended to make the best use of the texts of your videos. Therefore, for leveraging YouTube for SEO, it is valuable for having a full and accurate transcript. But before getting in detail of using YouTube for SEO, let’s learn about what is YouTube SEO first?
What is YouTube SEO?
You can define search engine optimization as it is the practice of web content designing that is ever-changing. In search engine results pages (SERPs), these web contents are ranked highly. To attract traffic and grow your following, it is important to optimize websites for search because your content is dependent on search.
YouTube SEO involves a lot of things, for example,
- Optimizing Your Channel
- Optimizing Your Metadata
- Optimizing Your playlists
- Optimizing Your description
- Optimizing Your videos as well
And videos can be optimized for both within and outside of YouTube. To learn how to leverage YouTube for SEO, keep reading:
- Concentrate on the description of YouTube videos including keywords
Quality Content is appreciated by all Search engines and YouTube is not an exception. You must write detailed descriptions of the videos, and this way you can have the opportunity to add a lot of target keywords. To better understand the video and its subject, it is important to give more content to YouTube Video which will enhance your rankings. It also helps to find out about the usefulness of this video. It is also important that you don’t use keywords in an inappropriate amount to avoid video stuffing and make your descriptions accurate.
- Generate A Video Sitemap
You can provide Google information about the video’s content with essential metadata with the help of Google Video Sitemaps. Crawlers can gather information about the following categories by the help of Metadata about Videos:
- Run time
- The intended audience for every video
To improve the listings of your website, these categories are very helpful in video search results. As a part of a sitemap, when this information is submitted, you can get the following results:
All the video links or URLs are made searchable
All these search engines offered by Google can access these videos. Thumbnail images and all the related information can be seen by the users.
- Tag optimization
One of the best practices of SEO is tagging. On your YouTube video, these tags can help you to get a better ranking. For getting more views on your YouTube videos, it is of great importance for your content topic to tag your videos with famous and common keywords.
With the help of these video tags, you can also inform the YouTube SEO algorithm rather than just telling your viewers and subscribers all about your videos, and this is how YouTube can place your video along with all other content that is related to your video. Tagging your videos, follow these following recommended tips to get best results:
- Only use those tags in your videos that are most relevant to your topic
- It is always recommended to write main keywords first as some particular tags should come first
- Do not write mismatch tags, use only those tags that are matching to your keywords.
- Do not use a lot of tags like do not stuff your content with many tags as 8 to 12 tags are more than enough.
- Optimization of the homepage of your channel
You can also set up an auto-played featured video on your webpage by using YouTube. The featured video will be uploaded automatically whenever a visitor or guest comes to your homepage. This benefits you in the following ways:
- Increase engagement
- Build your brand authority
- Advertise a specific product or service
You can also grow the traffic of your website by adding the URL link of your website, product/ service or brand.
To help your visitors and guests to easily find your content, you must optimize the video playlists of your channel by using themes and subjects.
- Use multiple languages to translate the transcript and other subtitles of your video:
As we all know the importance of English captions, it helps you to make your video accessible to a lot of viewers. In the same way, subtitles in other languages play an important role to further expand your audience. There is a huge demand for multi-lingual subtitles as per YouTube Product Manager at Google.
It is also said that 80% of the total views come from the world other than the United States on YouTube. It means a lot of YouTube users are non-English. You must translate the captions of your videos. You can make a lot of benefits from it in terms of growth. In short, the demand for non-English subtitles and non-English uploaders is very high.
- You can get the following benefits from non-English subtitles:
- By using non-English subtitles, you can increase your viewers on the International level and get non-English subscribers as well.
- More importantly, your video will be indexed in search results of those languages in which you have translated your video. This will provide you a better chance of getting higher ranks in non-English keywords search results because there is very little competition.
- Also, do not forget to counter check your translations and subtitles for accuracy to get the best results.
- Adding Text Transcriptions and Closed Captions
According to Facebook, you can increase your view time by 12% simply by including the captions of your videos. Adding a transcription to your video on the page helps you to improve the ranking of your video which facilities you in the following way:
- It helps capture the voiceover content
- It also helps catch the script flow
As a result of these facilities, it is easy for bots as well to know about the video content, and the transcript of the video will act as part of the code of your website in the backend. These transcriptions will help you to take advantage of keywords. It also helps to efficiently increase the density of the page keyword.
You can facilitate your viewers to watch your videos on mute by simply embedding closed captions or subtitles in your videos. It also helps search bots to easily scrape your videos which gives your videos exposure to a larger audience.
These are a few tips that you can use to make the best use of your YouTube channel for Search Engine Optimization. If you still face any issue, feel free to contact Digital AceTech. We would love to help you solve your issues.